We, as mothers and mother supporters believe…
- We are diverse but united by our common experiences of motherhood
- Every mother can gain from and contribute to the movement
- Every mother is the expert on HER child
- Every mother is worthy of care and support
- We listen first and then speak
- We encourage and support rather than judge and criticise
- How we do things is as important as what we do
- Our voices and stories are powerful
- What divides us needs to be diminished
- Friendship and community are critical for our mental health and wellbeing
- There are many good practices of motherhood, but no single way to mother our children.
- We acknowledge and value the role of culture and beliefs in the way they shape our motherhood journey.
- We have the right to celebrate our children and honour our role as mothers of the next generation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2019 Embrace |