Embrace is looking for a Network Mobiliser to build and maintain relationships with members of the Embrace movement around the country. The Network Mobiliser will galvanize the growing network around Embrace’s bold vision for a transformative future for motherhood in South Africa.
This is a Cape Town-based post, with frequent domestic travel required.
We’re looking for a confident individual who is energised by meeting with people (individuals, groups and organisations), able to facilitate meetings and engagements, and skilled to assist the team with the continued development of the network strategy.
We’re a national social movement for mothers, passionate about elevating the voices and lived experiences of mothers. As a movement that advocates for the priorities of early motherhood; we value and celebrate motherhood and mothers, and the critical role they have to play socially, economically and politically. Our vision is for South Africa to become the best place to grow into motherhood.
The ideal candidate should
- Be clearly aligned with the vision and mission of Embrace
- Have a proven track record of grassroots community engagements
- Be a confident public speaker and a clear communicator
- Enjoy local travel
- Be able to manage a project budget and financial record keeping
- Have strong group organising and facilitation skills
- Be fluent in English and at least one additional South African language
- Have a passion for social justice, especially on issues of human rights and gender equity, and want to drive change in South Africa.
- Work with the Embrace team to develop a strategic plan for the Embrace network over the next 2 – 5 years
- Manage a database of existing and potential network members
- Provide regular reports on the activities and growth of the network
- Work with the Communications team to develop resources for and updates to the network
- Travel to meet with network members, where necessary
- Host regular virtual check-ins with groups of network members
- Organise local events to build up and support the network
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- A minimum of three years’ experience with community mobilisation or facilitation work
- Proven track record of project management
- Valid South African drivers licence
- Experience in social activism and development work
- An exciting opportunity to join a small team of individuals who are passionate about improving the state of motherhood in South Africa
- A market-related salary
- An open and dynamic corporate culture
- The opportunity to do meaningful work and contribute to social change
- a one-page cover letter telling us why you are the person we’re looking for
- a CV (maximum 3 pages), that includes three contactable references
Applications that do not include all of the above will not be considered.
Application deadline: Friday, 8 December 2023
Send applications to: email@example.com
For any questions (not applications), contact info@embrace