Embrace is looking for an energetic, motivated individual to provide administrative and logistical support to a very small, busy team.
This is a short-term, fixed-term contract post (February to August 2024), with some domestic travel required. The administrator will need to be based in Cape Town.
We’re looking for a vibrant, creative, hardworking and self-driven individual who will assist with managing the administrative duties related to our core project work.
We’re a national movement for mothers, passionate about elevating the voices and lived experiences of mothers. As a movement that advocates for the priorities of early motherhood; we value and celebrate motherhood and mothers, and the critical role they have to play socially, economically and politically. Our vision is for South Africa to become the best place to grow into motherhood.
The ideal candidate should
- Be good with details – you should be able to navigate the often-forgotten details of planning and implementing project events
- have strong administrative skills;
- have strong written and spoken communication skills;
- have an understanding of budgeting and financial record-keeping;
- have the ability to multitask and work in a team environment;
- have the ability to work independently and follow through on tasks;
- have a passion for social justice and want to drive change in South Africa.
- Manage logistics arrangements as directed by the operations manager (e.g. booking flights, ground transfers, sourcing quotes)
- Provide support in planning and implementing project events
- Liaising directly with Embrace Mamandla fellows with respect to logistical arrangements for fellowship immersions and engagements
- Keeping updated stock register of Embrace collateral and other resources (e.g. stationery, publication copies)
- Taking minutes at team meetings and other engagements
- Updating Embrace’s register of contractors and service providers
- Sourcing estimates and quotes from service providers
- Where directed, updating Embrace expenditure records
- A Matric certificate
- Junior-level experience in office administration and logistics assistance
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office software suite, especially Excel
- Experience in WordPress not required but advantageous
- An exciting opportunity to join a vibrant team of individuals passionate about real change for mothers living in South Africa
- A market-related salary
- An open and dynamic corporate culture
- The opportunity to do meaningful work and contribute to social change
- a one-page cover letter telling us why you are the person we’re looking for
- a CV, that includes three contactable references
Applications that do not include all of the above will not be considered.
Application deadline: Friday, 8 December 2023
Send applications to: email@example.com
For any questions (not applications), contact info@embrace